ANSEMA WE STAND
This is FOLK music!...This is WORLD music!...
Here, two geographically small, yet culturally gigantic traditions meet and help each other to deliver a unifying message. The traditions are those of Scotland, my adopted home, and Lombardia, in Italy, my birthplace.
The message however is universal: cultural integration and community are essential to survive and flourish, especially in hard times, such as now…ANSEMA (Together) WE STAND.
WHY SCOTTISH FOLK MUSIC?
- Because in Scotland I have found a home, love and family.
- Because Scottish Folk music possesses a wonderful simplicity, which hides almost immense depth, based on improvisation, quest for innovation and respect for tradition; much the same underpinning principles of jazz.
- Because the Scottish musicians on this album are truly world class.
WHY MY ORIGINAL LOMBARDY DIALECT (dialetto “Rivoltano”)?
- Because I wish to promote an endangered minority language, that has never before been celebrated in art.
- Because I wish to express universal sentiments in a “language of the people”, to remind ourselves that deep feelings are felt by all, no matter how small and peripheral.
- Because my dialect is the language of my heart.
- Because I love all dialects: they are expressive, immediate, musical and honest.
- Because I think that the musicality of its words are a perfect match for the sounds of Scotland and together they convey a feeling of modern community… ANSEMA (Together) WE STAND.